Spanish Style Prawn Cocktail
An excellent prawn recipe by Chef Stu, this Spanish style Prawn Cocktail serves four and is especially delicious if you make it with our sustainable prawns.
- Dish Type: Recipe
- Serves: 2
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine type: Spanish
200g cooked peeled large prawns 125g handpicked white crab meat 2 little gem lettuce (outer leaves discarded) 2 tomatoes (skinned, seeded & diced) 1 small carrot 1 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar Pinch of smoked paprika
For Cocktail Dressing:
150g mayonnaise 1 1/2 tbsp tomato ketchup 3 tbsp double cream 3/4 tbsp lemon juice Pinch of salt
- For the cocktail dressing, put the mayonnaise, tomato ketchup, double cream, lemon juice and mix together well until smooth. Season to taste with salt.
- Separate the lettuce leaves, wash and dry well. Cut the carrot into 2 shorter pieces and finely shred on a mandolin or coarsely grate.
- Finely shred the lettuce leaves, mix with the carrot and divide between plates.
- Set aside 12 of the prawns and cut the remainder into slices 5mm thick.
- Stir them into the cocktail sauce with the crab meat and chopped tomatoes and spoon into the centre of the salad.
- Arrange whole prawns on top and drizzle balsamic vinegar over and add a sprinkle of smoked paprika.
Check out these prawn recipes.
Nutrition per serving
- Per Serving 173kcal / 717kj
- Fat 14.3g
- Saturates 2.4g
- Carbs 2.5g
- Sugars 2.4g
- Protein 8.2g
- Salt 0.58g