Cornish Cod, Buckwheat and Tomato, Red Pepper and Tarragon Sauce
An ambitious pairing of a traditional seafood stalwart, with one of the trendier carbs, fused by a typically piquant sauce from Chef Adam's kitchen.
- Dish Type: Main
- Serves: 2
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 30 mins
- Difficulty: Medium
- Cuisine type: British
- Prepare the fennel, trim off the fronds and stems and keep to one side. Trim the base and slice the bulb into 8 thin wedges.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic Chop the stems into a fine dice and roughly chop the fronds. Place a saucepan over a medium heat and add some rapeseed or olive oil. Add the diced fennel stems and the finely chopped garlic and gently fry until they are soft and slightly translucent.
- Add the buckwheat, stir through well then add the fish stock. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cover the saucepan. Leave to cook for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Whilst this is cooking , place a frying pan, or wide saucepan, over a high heat adding some rapeseed or olive oil. Place the fennel wedges in and fry quickly for a couple of minutes on both sides, so that they start to caramelise, turning a nice golden brown, pour over the white wine, turn the heat down and cover. Leave to cook for 10 – 15 minutes, until they become soft and golden
- With the grill set on a medium high heat, lightly oil and season your cod fillets with salt and pepper. Place under the grill for about 8 minutes, if you are worried the top is cooking too fast then remove and place into your oven for the final few minutes.
- To serve – Spoon some buckwheat into the centre of each plate with the fennel wedges, when you have distributed it all between the plates, place the grilled cod on top and drizzle the dressing generously all over and around
Nutrition per serving
- Per Serving 733kcal / 3071kj
- Fat 25.4g
- Saturates 1.9g
- Carbs 61.3g
- Sugars 6.7g
- Protein 50.8g
- Salt 1.09g