You may also like
Recipes & Cooking
BBQ instructions. 1st job - pre heat the BBQ. All timings are based on a medium to high heat for cooking around 200°c
1 x 1kg BBQ Marinated Belly Pork
- The pork will arrive pre-marinated, part-cooked.
- Rinse the marinade from the pork and pat dry with Kitchen paper.
- Slice the pork widthways into 6 slices.
- Slightly oil the pork slices and grill for at least 8-10 minutes. Turn them every couple of minutes, aiming for a nice a bit of charring on each slice as it helps impart a nice BBQ flavour.
- Towards the end of cooking, brush the slices with the BBQ glaze (included in your pack).
Note: Due to the sugar content in the glaze, it may burn if left on the grill too long, so do keep an eye on it
1 x 1kg Salmon Fillet with Colwith Farm Gin Marinade
- Remove the salmon from the bag (leaving the marinade in the bag) and place it skin side down onto an ovenable baking tray (this will be going onto the BBQ so not your best one!)
- Pour the remaining marinade over the fish and transfer to the BBQ grill. Treat this as you would any baked fish and be careful not to overcook, ideally the grill will be around 200°c.
- Cook the salmon for 18 minutes taking care not to burn, check it’s progress by carefully inserting a small knife slightly into the thickest part of flesh and pulling open, not too much as to ruin the fish but just to get a glimpse inside, you are looking for a lovely pink, not too white.
- Once the salmon is cooked, portion carefully with a knife or preferably use 2 forks and gently break the flesh apart mixing in the marinade to the delicate flakes of fish.
If you have a cedar plank, soak it in water or wine for at least an hour before and cook as above. Note: with this method, the fish may take a little longer to cook
6 x Hand-Dived Scallops with Wild Garlic Butter
- First, defrost the scallop meats.
- Slice the wild garlic butter into 6 x 15g discs.
- Oil the scallop meats and pop them into their shells.
- Place the shells directly onto the grill and ‘fry’ the scallops in their shells for a couple of minutes.
- Turn the meats over then add the wild garlic butter disc and continue cooking until the butter melts.
- Once cooked, carefully remove from the heat, serve and enjoy
Sides: Sweet Pickled Veg / Charred Sweetcorn & Chilli Salad
Open the pouches and transfer to suitable individual serving dishes.
Spanish-style warm Potato
Open the pouch and transfer the contents into a suitable openable dish or tray.
Heat directly on the grill for 6-8 minutes or until the juices are bubbling, Mix, serve and enjoy.
Your fish is far better than any locally sourced
We have been ordering our fish from you for many years: firstly when we lived in Hampshire then when we moved to Scotland and then when we moved to Somerset. You have consistently supplied excellent fish that has been far better than any locally sourced.
The freshest we have had for absolutely ages
We had salmon, hake and haddock which arrived speedily at the time you promised. The container was excellent and although I was nervous of getting fish online, I have to say it is the best thing we have done. We love fish and it is probably the freshest we have had for absolutely ages and is a pleasure to eat.
The fish was all super fresh!
Yes, the fish all arrived in perfect condition early on Friday morning. The smoked mackerel, salmon, halibut and wild sea bass were all delicious - bream and plaice now in the freezer - and I have received many compliments from my guests over the weekend. Like to think some of the compliments were for my cooking(!) but the fish was all top quality and super fresh. Have passed your details to one of my friends as well. Will definitely order from you in the future!