You may also like
Recipes & Cooking
BBQ instructions. 1st job – preheat the BBQ. All timings are based on medium to high heat for cooking around 200°c
1 x 1kg Red Ruby Sirloin in Black Garlic & Treacle Marinade
- Remove the Sirloin from the vacuum pack, keeping as much of the marinade as possible (you will be using this to baste your meat through the cooking)
- Grill the sirloin around 12 – 15 minutes each of the 4 sides over the grill, you are looking for a core temperature of 55°c for a good medium rare. Cook a little longer if you prefer medium or medium to well done. Once this is achieved, rest the meat in a warm place for 15-20 minutes for the meat to relax.
- BBQ’s can vary and as such the heat may be different. So, if each side has caramelised nicely then you could move to a cooler part of your grill until the temperature is achieved.
1 x 1kg Salmon Fillet with Colwith Farm Gin Marinade To Prepare:
- Remove the salmon from the bag (leaving the marinade in the bag) and place it skin side down onto an ovenable baking tray (this will be going onto the BBQ so not your best one!)
- Pour the remaining marinade over the fish and transfer to the BBQ grill. Treat this as you would any baked fish and be careful not to overcook, ideally the grill will be around 200°c.
- Cook the salmon for 18 minutes taking care not to burn, check it’s progress by carefully inserting a small knife slightly into the thickest part of flesh and pulling open, not too much as to ruin the fish but just to get a glimpse inside, you are looking for a lovely pink, not too white.
- Once the salmon is cooked, portion carefully with a knife or preferably use 2 forks and gently break the flesh apart mixing in the marinade to the delicate flakes of fish. If you have a cedar plank, soak it in water or wine for at least an hour before and cook as above. Note: with this method, the fish may take a little longer to cook
Lobsters with Café de Paris Butter To Prepare:
- Lightly oil the halves of lobster then place them flesh side down onto the grill for 6-8 minutes.
- Next, turn the lobsters flesh side up and finish cooking them for another 4 minutes - during this time you will need to add your Café de Paris butter. Simply slice a disc (around 25g per half lobster should be fine) from the roll in the pack and place it onto the flesh of the lobster until it melts.
- Carefully transfer to a warmed serving dish or platter and enjoy!
Bombay Marinated Cauliflower To Prepare:
- Lay out 2-3 pieces of thick kitchen foil on top of each other (ensuring it’s long & wide enough to envelope the whole cauliflower)
- Place the marinated cauliflower in the centre of the foil the transfer the remaining marinade from the pack onto the top of the cauliflower
- Bring up the side of the foil to make a ‘bag’ around the cauliflower and seal the foil
- Place the foil-wrapped cauliflower onto the BBQ grill and cook for 30 minutes.
- After this time, open up the foil and roll the sides back slightly whilst still cooking so the cauliflower starts to caramelise on top
- Check it’s cooked through to your liking by inserting a small knife into the centre of the cauliflower, if there’s any resistance, carry on cooking until the cauliflower is cooked.
- Remove from the grill once cooked and baste the cooking juices over the cauliflower before serving.
**Sides: ** Sweet Pickled Veg / Charred Sweetcorn & Chilli Salad To Prepare: Open the pouches and transfer to suitable individual serving dishes.
Spanish-style warm Potato To Prepare: Open the pouch and transfer the contents into a suitable openable dish or tray. Heat directly on the grill for 6-8 minutes or until the juices are bubbling, Mix, serve and enjoy
Sustainability & Provenance
We are really proud of the provenance and quality of our Cornish lobster. We have close relationships with a small number of fishermen and many of them land directly to us. Not only that we provide them with bait for their pots in the form of our fish frames and waste. This is a real win win as it eliminates the need for us to dispose of our waste and provides our fishermen with free bait. Read more
Your fish is far better than any locally sourced
We have been ordering our fish from you for many years: firstly when we lived in Hampshire then when we moved to Scotland and then when we moved to Somerset. You have consistently supplied excellent fish that has been far better than any locally sourced.
The freshest we have had for absolutely ages
We had salmon, hake and haddock which arrived speedily at the time you promised. The container was excellent and although I was nervous of getting fish online, I have to say it is the best thing we have done. We love fish and it is probably the freshest we have had for absolutely ages and is a pleasure to eat.
The fish was all super fresh!
Yes, the fish all arrived in perfect condition early on Friday morning. The smoked mackerel, salmon, halibut and wild sea bass were all delicious - bream and plaice now in the freezer - and I have received many compliments from my guests over the weekend. Like to think some of the compliments were for my cooking(!) but the fish was all top quality and super fresh. Have passed your details to one of my friends as well. Will definitely order from you in the future!