Recipes & Cooking
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS with PEA PURÉE & CHORIZO JAM Preparation Method:
- Defrost the Scallops
- Drain and dry them on some kitchen paper, or similar.
- Oil & season the scallops
- Preheat a dry non-stick pan over a medium heat
- Place the scallops in the pan, flat side down, let them sizzle and caramelise for approx. 45 seconds
- Flip the scallops over and add 15g of butter to the pan
- Baste the scallops with the butter which should bubble and foam as it melts
- After approx. 45 seconds, remove the pan from the heat but keep basting the scallops
- After a further 30 secs remove the scallops from the pan.
- Place the Pea Purée in a bowl and heat in a microwave oven for 2 minutes till HOT
- Place the Chorizo Jam in a bowl and heat in a microwave oven for 1 min till WARM
- In each shell place 25g or a heaped tablespoon of hot Pea Purée
- Top with 25g or a heaped tablespoon of warm Chorizo Jam in each shell
- Finish by placing a pan-seared scallop atop each shell
- Serve immediately, with perhaps a nice, chilled glass of Rosé
Sustainability & Provenance
At Fish for Thought, we are on a mission to change the way people enjoy fish and shellfish forever. In order to achieve this, we recognise that we need to lead the way when it comes to sustainable and ethical sourcing.
As part of our recent new website launch, we have taken time reviewing the range of fish and shellfish that we offer. This has involved us spending time with organisations like The Marine Stewardship Council, The Cornwall Good Seafood Guide and The Marine Conservation Society. Read more