You may also like
Recipes & Cooking
CRAB SOUFFLE Method:
- Allow the Thermidor Sauce to defrost.
- Preheat your oven to 190C / Gas mark5
- Remove from the packaging and place the soufflés into the shells
- Place on a baking tray
- Pour the sauce over the soufflé and into the shell
- Place into the centre of the oven for 28 mins
- Serve piping hot
- NOT suitable for microwave cooking
COD with BASIL & PARMESAN MASH Method:
- Defrost the Cod.
- Preheat the oven to 180C / Gas Mark 4.
- Preheat a medium non-stick pan over a medium-high heat. Remove the Cod from the bag and pat dry with a kitchen towel if necessary.
- Lightly oil and season the Cod. Once the pan is hot, add the Cod skin side down and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Flip the Cod and cook for a further minute then remove from the pan.
- Whilst the Cod is cooking, pierce the film of the Mashed Potato several times and heat in the microwave on full power for 4 minutes.
- Empty the sachet of vegetables onto a small baking tray and warm through in the oven for approximately 6 minutes.
Sustainability & Provenance
There is little doubt that Cod as a species has been over-exploited across the globe, and stocks do need to be managed carefully to ensure a sustainable future. Stocks in Cornwall have been under pressure over recent years, and as such we source Cod from the Shetland Island's, to give the South West Fishery some time to recover. Read more
Dear FFT, you have a new fan!
Thank you. Had two orders last week. One for me and the other was a birthday present for my cousin Pamela. She called me to tell me that the crab was the sweetest most succulent she had ever eaten! Phoned the next day to say the same about the kippers and then sent pictures on Facebook to show the fish which she had cooked with black butter!
Keith Brown, Essex
You are probably aware that I am in receipt of my fish order from you. Really impressed by the way everything was beautifully packed. Looking forward to sampling the Dressed Crab and Cocktail Claws, and of course the Provencal Fish Stew. Thank you.
Agnes Mahoney, Essex
Delighted to receive our combination box on time and it is always exciting to open it and to plan a few menus using the delicious sauces. Homemade fish pie tonight! Delighted to see that you are moving towards ready cooked meals and the crab bake was great for lunch for a single person. We will be repeating that order and I would have thought there was a big market for you in these products, particularly single portions for OAPs who want something to pop into the Aga. Freezer well stocked now!