You may also like
Option F- Scallops & Wild Garlic Butter followed by Cod with Basil & Parmesan Mash and Provençal Veg
Recipes & Cooking
Scallops and Wild Garlic Butter Method:
Defrost the Scallops.
Preheat your grill, or oven if you prefer to 210C.
Lightly oil and season each of the Scallops, preheat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat, add your Scallops and fry for 30 second until golden brown, then flip over and fry for a further 30 seconds on the other side.
Remove the Scallops from the pan and place them in the shells.
Slice the Wild Garlic Butter into 4 and place a slice of butter on top of each Scallop.
Place the shells onto a baking try and then place under the grill or into the oven. If using a grill, they will need 2 minutes until the butter has melted and started to bubble around the side. If using an oven, they will need at least 5 minutes.
*Serve with a nice green salad and some crusty bread.
BAKED BRILL Method.
- Preheat oven to 190C
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment / silicon paper
- Oil & season the fish and place on the paper
- Place in the centre of the oven for 24-26 mins
- Arrange the Sautéed Potatoes on a baking tray
- When 12 mins have passed, place the potatoes onto the top shelf of the oven
- Slice the Port & Truffle Butter into 4 discs
- When the Brill is cooked, remove from the oven and place the discs of butter on it to melt
- Serve as a sharing dish
Sustainability & Provenance
Brill is a great sustainable choice - 'Recommended' by the Cornwall Good Seafood Guide! Read more