Recipes & Cooking
CRAB SOUFFLE Method:
- Allow the Thermidor Sauce to defrost.
- Preheat your oven to 190C / Gas mark5
- Remove from the packaging and place the soufflés into the shells
- Place on a baking tray
- Pour the sauce over the soufflé and into the shell
- Place into the centre of the oven for 28 mins
- Serve piping hot
- NOT suitable for microwave cooking
BAKED BRILL Method.
- Preheat oven to 190C
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment / silicon paper
- Oil & season the fish and place on the paper
- Place in the centre of the oven for 24-26 mins
- Arrange the Sautéed Potatoes on a baking tray
- When 12 mins have passed, place the potatoes onto the top shelf of the oven
- When a further 6 mins have passed , take the fish out and arrange the Charred Broccoli around it.
- Place the Brill and Broccoli back in the oven for a further 6-7 mins
- When the Brill is cooked, remove from the oven and place the discs of butter on it to melt
- Serve as a sharing dish
Sustainability & Provenance
Brill is a great sustainable choice - 'Recommended' by the Cornwall Good Seafood Guide! Read more
Dear FFT, you have a new fan!
Thank you. Had two orders last week. One for me and the other was a birthday present for my cousin Pamela. She called me to tell me that the crab was the sweetest most succulent she had ever eaten! Phoned the next day to say the same about the kippers and then sent pictures on Facebook to show the fish which she had cooked with black butter!
Keith Brown, Essex
You are probably aware that I am in receipt of my fish order from you. Really impressed by the way everything was beautifully packed. Looking forward to sampling the Dressed Crab and Cocktail Claws, and of course the Provencal Fish Stew. Thank you.
Agnes Mahoney, Essex
Delighted to receive our combination box on time and it is always exciting to open it and to plan a few menus using the delicious sauces. Homemade fish pie tonight! Delighted to see that you are moving towards ready cooked meals and the crab bake was great for lunch for a single person. We will be repeating that order and I would have thought there was a big market for you in these products, particularly single portions for OAPs who want something to pop into the Aga. Freezer well stocked now!