Recipes & Cooking
- Wash and de-beard your Mussels
- Place a pan on the stove to heat.
- Place the drained Mussels into the pan along with the pouch of Parsley Cream Sauce
- Put a lid on the pan and steam the mussels for 2-3 minutes, shaking them occasionally.
- When the Mussels have opened, drain them but make sure you reserve the sauce – IMPORTANT – discard any Mussels that remain closed.
- Pick most of the mussels, keep a handful of unpicked mussels for garnish and discard the rest of the shells.
- Place the Parsley Cream Sauce into a pan and add the Pearled Barley & Smoked Bacon Risotto. Bring to a boil and cook out for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the picked Mussel meats and season to taste
- Serve with good crusty bread, drizzle of olive oil and a dressed salad.
- Serves 4 as a starter or 2 as a main
Just to say thank you for literally the best mussels ever I will definitely order from you again - brilliant service thank you
It's a seafoodie sort of day!
Outstanding! We had the smoked mackerel with poached eggs this morning for breakfast and Dinner will be mussels in white wine garlic cream and French bread. Thank you and keep up the great work!
Stuart Nichol, Kent
Wedding Anniversary Celebrations!
just thought I'd drop you a quick email to let you know our order arrived on Saturday morning. I opened the box and it smelled like Cornwall, the sea. The mussels were superb in the mariniere sauce and the lobster thermidor was fantastic! We were treating ourselves as it is our 26th wedding anniversary tomorrow and to be honest, we prefer to buy the very best ingredients and cook ourselves than go to a restaurant and be disappointed. We were delighted with the quality of the fish, as always.
Peter Hinchliffe, Hertfordshire