Recipes & Cooking
- Scatter 2 tablespoons of sea salt over your Cornish Hake Fillets (flesh side up) and place in the fridge for 1 hour to firm up.
- Rinse the fillets and pat dry with kitchen roll.
- Oil and season your fillets.
- Place a non-stick pan on a medium heat.
- Place the fillets, skin side down, in the pan and cook for 7 minutes.
- Heat your grill, ready to toast the bread.
- Slice the stick of Lemon, Caper & Garlic Butter in 2.
- Flip the fish fillets over and place the Butter pieces into the pan.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Cut two thick slices of the bread. Lightly drizzle them with olive oil and season. Place under the grill to toast.
- Warm the Cauliflower Purée in a small saucepan.
- After 2 minutes, remove the pan of Hake Fillets from the heat and baste the fish with the foamy hot butter.
- To finish, place the bread on 2 plates, divide the Cauliflower Purée between the slices, top each with a Hake fillet and pour the remaining butter from the pan over.
- Serve with a nice, sharp, lemon dressed rocket leaf salad.
I'm a first time Customer and would like to say ...
Thank you for your email, and would like to give you our feedback from a first time customer. Our order arrived as promised before mid-day yesterday. And was packaged extremely well. We enjoyed both the thai fish soup and the salmon last night. The soup was fragrant and delicious. And was a nice size for the two of us. The salmon was to die for! So fresh and tasty, and we both loved the sauce that came with it. Tonight we are trying the lobster mac n' cheese with a nice dressed salad and crusty bread. Without trying it I know based on the produce that we have already eaten; that we will love it. We both wanted to thank you for the complimentary hake that you sent us. Ive already been looking up recipe ideas and have come up with a simple butter and herb sauce to accompany it. Being a couple who would much rather eat a fish dish, than a meat dish we are very happy to have found your company, and will ordering again. I have my eye on one of your boxes to try next.
Nicola Moore, St Austell
Morning - just wanted to pay you the highest compliments on the outstanding quality of the fish we received from you last week in our first order. We haven't got through it all yet of course, but the hake fillet especially was just wonderful. I'd managed to forget just how good top quality hake is, but yours absolutely hit the mark - large fish, pristinely fresh and with that characteristically sweet flavour which distinguishes hake from cod. We'll certainly be ordering again - thanks very much
David Hughes, Cumbria
Tuscan Bean Stew
Thanks for arranging the Saturday delivery for me,it turned up all ok. Had our first recipe last night,the chunky Diced Fish with Tuscan bean stew,excellent. We are looking forward to eating the other two meals. Once again thank you for all your help.
Colin Mabet, Wallington
You may also like