Recipes & Cooking
Smoked Haddock tart Method:
- Preheat your oven to 180C
- Place Tarts on a baking tray
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Serve with the Sauce Gribiche, and possibly a dressed rocket leaf salad
Cornish Lobster Thermidor with Skinny Fries Method:
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Wash and drain your Salad Leaves
- Rinse the Skinny Fries to eliminate any surface starch and pat dry.
- Place the Skinny Fries in a bowl and lightly coat them in oil, salt and pepper
- Arrange them in a thin layer on a baking tray
- Unpack your Lobster halves and crack the claws. Remove the claw meat and dress it back into the Lobster shell.
- Evenly the distribute the Thermidor Sauce over the top of the Lobster Meat in the shells.
- Place the Skinny Fries in the centre of the oven for 12 mins, turning once.
- Place the Lobster halves, inner side up, on a tray and warm under the grill for 5-10 mins.
- Serve with Baby Salad leaves
The Best Lobsters
As ever, everything arrived OK thanks and we’ve just eaten the lobsters (a Valentine’s treat for my wife – oh all right, for me too!). The substitution of Turbot in place of the Brill I ordered, which was unavailable, was fine and much appreciated. Thanks for that. Finally, as I’ve said before, your new packaging is a huge improvement and makes the whole process much easier at the receiving end. I keep mentioning FFT to family and friends so I hope you get some more sales from them.
Roger Sugden, Surrey
Our perfect meal
Thank you very much for the really wonderful lobsters that I found outside my door on Saturday morning. They were delicious and a great hit with my guests in the evening! I have never seen such big claws! We had some fun getting the hammer out to break into them.... Thank you for a perfect meal with special friends and the chance to celebrate in great, messy, style! Thank you for the freshness of the lobsters and for the very efficient delivery just on the day they were needed! Congratulations on a very good job, well delivered and well done.
Catherine Squires, Worcestershire
Wedding Anniversary Celebrations!
just thought I'd drop you a quick email to let you know our order arrived on Saturday morning. I opened the box and it smelled like Cornwall, the sea. The mussels were superb in the mariniere sauce and the lobster thermidor was fantastic! We were treating ourselves as it is our 26th wedding anniversary tomorrow and to be honest, we prefer to buy the very best ingredients and cook ourselves than go to a restaurant and be disappointed. We were delighted with the quality of the fish, as always.
Peter Hinchliffe, Hertfordshire