Recipes & Cooking
Curried Lobster Soup Method:
- Empty the pouch of Soup into an appropriate saucepan
- Place on a medium heat and bring to the boil
- Simmer for 2 minutes
- Divide between 2 bowls
- Divide the Salsa between the 2 bowls of Soup
- Serve with crusty bread
Spice-Glazed Cornish Plaice with Pickled Fennel Method:
- Preheat your grill to a medium-high heat
- Oil the Plaice generously and place on a grill pan
- Empty the sachet of Marinade Base onto the fish and gently massage it all over the top of the fish
- Drizzle a little more oil over the fish
- Place it under the grill for approx. 20 minutes – Do not turn the fish.
- Whilst the fish is cooking, wash and drain your salad leaves
- Dress them with the Lemon Dressing and place in 2 salad bowls
- Open and drain the pouch of Pickled Fennel. Divide it between 2 dinner plates
- To serve, place the Plaice in the centre of the table as a sharing fish and dig in!
Sustainability & Provenance
We are really proud of the provenance and quality of our Cornish lobster. We have close relationships with a small number of fishermen and many of them land directly to us. Not only that we provide them with bait for their pots in the form of our fish frames and waste. This is a real win win as it eliminates the need for us to dispose of our waste and provides our fishermen with free bait. Read more
The Best Lobsters
As ever, everything arrived OK thanks and we’ve just eaten the lobsters (a Valentine’s treat for my wife – oh all right, for me too!). The substitution of Turbot in place of the Brill I ordered, which was unavailable, was fine and much appreciated. Thanks for that. Finally, as I’ve said before, your new packaging is a huge improvement and makes the whole process much easier at the receiving end. I keep mentioning FFT to family and friends so I hope you get some more sales from them.
Roger Sugden, Surrey
Best Christmas Lunch Ever!
Been meaning to post this for ages! Best Christmas lunch ever! After a walk on the cliff tops, a pint in the local it was open the box with lobsters and crab meat in (still good and cold after a night in the garage), boil some new potatoes, make a salad and sorted! Tastiest, easiest and unbeatable! As ever the lobsters and crab meat were superb - THANK YOU. x
Cara Boden, Derbyshire
Thank you for your email and to let you know that once again the fish is beautiful. I have tried the plaice, it was so fresh that it only took 8mins to cook. Thank you for the free salmon etc.
Joan Clarke, Kent