Recipes & Cooking
Dressed to Impress Crab Method:
- Defrost prior to cooking.
- Preheat oven to 200C/Gas Mark 5.
- Remove the crab from all packaging and place on a baking tray
- Place in centre of oven for 20-25 Mins or until piping hot.
Cornish Lobster Thermidor with Skinny Fries Method:
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Wash and drain your Salad Leaves
- Rinse the Skinny Fries to eliminate any surface starch and pat dry.
- Place the Skinny Fries in a bowl and lightly coat them in oil, salt and pepper
- Arrange them in a thin layer on a baking tray
- Unpack your Lobster halves and crack the claws. Remove the claw meat and dress it back into the Lobster shell.
- Evenly the distribute the Thermidor Sauce over the top of the Lobster Meat in the shells.
- Place the Skinny Fries in the centre of the oven for 12 mins, turning once.
- Place the Lobster halves, inner side up, on a tray and warm under the grill for 5-10 mins.
- Serve with Baby Salad leaves
Sustainability & Provenance
We are really proud of the provenance and quality of our Cornish lobster. We have close relationships with a small number of fishermen and many of them land directly to us. Not only that we provide them with bait for their pots in the form of our fish frames and waste. This is a real win win as it eliminates the need for us to dispose of our waste and provides our fishermen with free bait. Read more
The Best Lobsters
As ever, everything arrived OK thanks and we’ve just eaten the lobsters (a Valentine’s treat for my wife – oh all right, for me too!). The substitution of Turbot in place of the Brill I ordered, which was unavailable, was fine and much appreciated. Thanks for that. Finally, as I’ve said before, your new packaging is a huge improvement and makes the whole process much easier at the receiving end. I keep mentioning FFT to family and friends so I hope you get some more sales from them.
Roger Sugden, Surrey
Absolutey amazing! Made a thermidor butter. Will almost certainly be using you again.
Julie Veazey, Middlesbrough
Delighted to receive our combination box on time and it is always exciting to open it and to plan a few menus using the delicious sauces. Homemade fish pie tonight! Delighted to see that you are moving towards ready cooked meals and the crab bake was great for lunch for a single person. We will be repeating that order and I would have thought there was a big market for you in these products, particularly single portions for OAPs who want something to pop into the Aga. Freezer well stocked now!