Black Pepper and Salt
x A handful of Watercress
x handful of Pea Shoots
A few sticks of large Radish (Daikon or Mooli)/ If you can't get hold of any large radish just slice up some ordinary radishes the taste is just as good.
For the Dressing (makes more than you need but it's great to keep for another dish)
x med Orange (½ the juice and all the zest)
ml of Mrs Middleton's Rape Seed Oil
Salt and Pepper
1. Remove the black seeds from inside the cardamoms and lightly bruise them with the end of a rolling pin to bring out the flavour and aroma.
2. Combine the cardamom seeds with all the dressing ingredients, mix well and store in a clean airtight jar/bottle.
3. Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan, when hot sear the scallops for 3 minutes each side. You need the pan quite hot to get a good colour on the scallops but not to overcook them inside.
4. For the salad toss the leaves and radish together and place in the middle of two plates.
5. Arrange 5 scallops on top of the salad.
6. Shake the dressing well, drizzle over the scallops and serve.
7. Rosemary focaccia bread goes very well with this dish.