g Panko Breadcrumbs (or large grained fresh breadcrumbs)
A drizzle of Olive Oil
Lemon for garnish
Salt and Pepper
1. Start by putting the Pistachios in a food processor and blitz until a medium coarseness is achieved.
2. Put this in a bowl and add the panko breadcrumbs and season with salt and pepper.
3. Lightly oil a baking tray and place the salmon fillets skin side down.
4. Brush the top with beaten egg and cover with a generous layer of pistachio crumbs and pat down lightly.
5. Give each fillet a little drizzle of olive oil over the top and bake in preheated oven 170°c for 12-15 minutes. It is best to keep an eye in the cooking and if they start to brown too quickly loosely cover with a piece of tinfoil.
6. When cooked move to warmed plates and garnish with some lemon zest and a wedge of lemon on the side.
7. This dish would be great with some roasted Mediterranean Vegetables and a green salad.
8. A chilled bottle of Rosé d'Anjou would go very nicely with this dish.