x tsp chopped Fresh Parsley
Salt and Pepper
g of Ready to Roll Puff Pastry
1. Peel and dice the onion then finely slice the mushrooms.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook off the onions and mushroom, gently and without colour.
3. Remove from the heat, season with salt and pepper and stir in the chopped parsley.
4. Roll out the puff pastry into a large oblong. (This needs to be a little bigger than twice the area of the piece of salmon)
5. On one half of the pastry spread out the mushroom mixture.
6. Place the salmon on top of the mushrooms and season with a little more salt and pepper.
7. Brush water around the outer edge of the pastry and fold the other half of the pastry over the top of the salmon. Seal the edges of the pastry together and neatly trim.
8. Re-roll the trimmings and use to decorate the top of the pastry, if you wish.
9. Carefully lift onto a lightly greased baking tray that has been lined with baking parchment.
10. Brush with beaten egg to glaze the pastry and pierce a couple of times along the centre of the parcel.
11. Bake in a preheated oven 200°c for 30 - 40 minutes until golden brown.
12. To serve slice into portions and carefully lift onto a plate with a fish slice.
13. The horseradish cream is very simple - just lightly whip the cream to soft peaks and fold in the horseradish. This is served alongside the salmon.
14. This is best served with hot buttery new potatoes and some fresh vegetables.