* 350ml **[Fish Velouté](https://www.fishforthought.co.uk/recipes/sauces-and-stocks/fish-veloute)**
* 50g Shallot (Finely Chopped)
* Knob of Butter
* 1 Clove of Garlic (Finely Chopped)
* 100ml Med White Wine
* 50ml Double Cream
- Wheat (Gluten)
1. Heat the butter in a saucepan and cook the shallot gently for 5 minutes without colour.
2. Add the garlic and cook for another 4 minutes.
3. Add the wine and boil for a 4 minutes.
4. Add the velouté and stir until smooth, gently heating the sauce through.
5. When a gentle simmer is achieved, add the cream and simmer for another few minutes.
6. At this point you can serve as it is, or for a very smooth sauce pass through a fine sieve or chinois.
7. Should you wish to add any fresh chopped herbs (parsley, dill tarragon etc.) it is best to add them at the very end of cooking as they will remain fresh and vibrant.
Take a look at our [Leek Veloute recipe](https://www.fishforthought.co.uk/recipes/all/chalk-stream-trout-with-leek-veloute) for more ideas. We also have a great collection of [sauce recipes](https://www.fishforthought.co.uk/recipes/sauces-and-stocks) to make at home.
Nutrition per serving
* Per Serving **132kcal / 544kj**
* Fat **10.0g**
* Saturates **6.3g**
* Carbs **5.0g**
* Sugars **1.1g**
* Protein **2.3g**
* Salt **0.24g**