Smoked Haddock and Dill Sauce - Seafoodie Range
A pair of gorgeously smokey Smoked Haddock fillet portions and a pouch of delectable Dill Sauce together with some premium Fish Stock. Our recipe suggestion for this combination is based on a classic recipe from the Emerald Isle 'Smoked Haddock, Colcannon, Poached Egg & Dill Sauce'. On a chilly Autumn evening, this old Irish dish will warm the Cockles of your Heart…
- Dish Type: Main
- Serves: 2
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 30 mins
- Difficulty: Medium
- Cuisine type: British
Your FFT Fish & Sauce kit will include:
Further ingredients required to make this recipe:
- 2 Eggs
- 500g Potatoes
- 150g Cabbage or Kale
- 70g Leek
- 1x Spring Onion
- 20g Butter
- 200ml Milk
- To make the colcannon, peel, cut, cook, drain and mash your potatoes with a little butter and milk.
- Shred and cook the cabbage in some boiling salted water for about 5 – 6 minutes, until soft but not over cooked.
- Dice the leek finely and sweat off gently, in a small saucepan with a little butter until tender. Shred the spring onion. Add cabbage, leeks and spring onion to the mash and season to taste. Keep warm in a covered pan until required.
- Bring the remainder of the milk and the fish stock to the boil, in a thick bottomed pan, with a bayleaf. Pop in the smoked haddock fillets and bring back to the boil. Simmer gently for 3 – 4 minutes. Remove the fish carefully with a slotted fish slice or spoon. Transfer to a warm plate, cover with foil and keep warm.
- Poach the eggs in some deep, boiling water until set (but still soft inside).
- Whilst doing so, warm the dill sauce, by placing into a small saucepan and bringing gently to the boil.
- To serve, spoon the colcannon onto warmed plates. Gently peel off the skin from the smoked haddock and place the fillets onto the colcannon, pressing gently to make a good perch on which the egg can sit sit. Drain the eggs with a slotted spoon and place on top of the fish. Finally, spoon the dill sauce over and around the dish.
Nutrition per serving
- Per Serving 474cal / 2960kj
- Fat 35.0g
- Saturates 19.1g
- Carbs 44.3g
- Sugars 6.3g
- Protein 50.7g
- Salt 2.85g