Pesto Mussels & Focaccia
the Cornish mussel - a De Niro-esque method actor that immerses itself totally in every role. Feel it radiate passion and depth of character here, in the sun-kissed Mediterranean surroundings of an opulent pesto sauce.
- Dish Type: Main / Starter
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine type: Italian
- 1kg Cornish Rope-Grown Mussels
- 200g pouch of Pesto Fish Cream Sauce
- 160g Peas
- 100g Plum Tomatoes
- 120g Focaccia
- Wheat (Gluten)
- Wash your mussels thoroughly and de-beard, discarding any cracked ones or ones that stay stubbornly open when tapped.
- Select a pan, with a well-fitting lid, of a suitable size( The mussels should loosely cover the bottom of the pan in a single layer). Warm the pan over a medium heat BEFORE adding your mussels. Once the mussels are in the pan, replace the lid and cook on a high heat, stirring and shaking the pan occasionally.
- Chop the tomatoes into a chunky dice.
- As the mussels start to open, add the pouch of pesto sauce, the tomatoes and the peas, stir again and re-cover. Bring the sauce up to the boil and cook until all the mussels have opened. (Important- discard any that remain closed)
- Cut the focaccia into 4 slices and toast lightly.
- To serve, divide the mussels into two bowls and serve with the toasted focaccia on the side
Nutrition per serving
- Per Serving 656kcal / 2733kj
- Fat 34.9g
- Saturates 17.6g
- Carbs 30.7g
- Sugars 10.0g
- Protein 30.7g
- Salt 1.7g