Mussels in Cornish Cider Sauce & Seaweed Butter
Y’ knaws ‘ow we loves our cider, down ‘ere in the Wesscountry? Well you’m gunner love it too, my ‘ansomes, a-cossetin’ these gurt mools in this sauce, like it do - an, budder too! Proper job!
- Dish Type: Main / Starter
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine type: French
1kg Mussels 200g pouch of Cornish Cider Sauce 50g Cornish Seaweed butter 2 x Artisan Bread Rolls
- Wash your mussels thoroughly and de-beard them, discarding any cracked ones or ones that stay stubbornly open when tapped.
- Warm a pan that will comfortably fit the mussels in and that has a well-fitting lid. Add the mussels and cover, cooking on a high heat, stirring and shaking the pan occasionally.
- As the mussels start to open, add the pouch of mussel sauce, stir again and re-cover Bring the sauce to the boil and cook for about 4 minutes, or until all the mussels have opened. Simply discard the closed ones.
- Remove the pan from the stove and add the seaweed butter to the mussels. Stir until all is gently melted and coated over mussels.
- Serve immediately into bowls with the warmed rolls
Nutrition per serving
- Per Serving 936kcal / 3903kj
- Fat 53.8g
- Saturates 30.4g
- Carbs 76.0g
- Sugars 6.0g
- Protein 32.6g
- Salt 2.75g