Salmon Fillet, Red Lentil Dhal & Crab Sauce - Seafoodie Range
Two 140g portions of fresh Salmon fillet with a wonderfully spicy Dhal and a delicious Crab Sauce. Our recipe suggestion for this combination is a fairly literal progression, given the list of ingredients - 'Salmon with Crab Sauce & Red Lentil Dhal'. Who knew the humble lentil could taste this good? In this dish it more than holds its own when set beside succulent Scottish salmon and a luxurious crab sauce - it’ll set your pulses racing!
- Dish Type: Main
- Serves: 2
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine type: Anglo-Indian
Your FFT Fish & Sauce kit will include: *
- 140g Salmon Fillet Portions x 2
- 300g pouch of Red Lentil Dhal
- 160ml pouch of Crab Sauce
Further ingredients required to make this recipe: *
- 200g Curly Kale
- Garlic Cloves x 2
- Prepare the kale by removing the stalk, cutting into bite size pieces, then washing and draining well, until as dry as possible. Prepare the garlic by peeling and chopping finely
- In a frying pan heat about 30ml. rapeseed oil, start to gently fry the garlic and kale until the kale starts to tenderise. Don’t cook on too high a heat. If the kale starts to go golden, this is fine as it will taste great, but be careful not to burn the garlic. You may like to add about 10g butter to melt through. Retain and keep warm.
- Add a tbsp. of rapeseed, or olive oil, to a non-stick frying pan and gently warm. Place the salmon portions, skin side down, into the pan. Cook at a medium pace for a few minutes, until your fish is free, not sticking to the pan and has a golden, crispy skin. Carefully turn the fillets over and finish cooking for a further minute or two, on a lowered heat.
- Gently warm the Red Lentil Dhal in a thick bottomed saucepan, adding a little water if necessary to prevent it sticking to the pan. Simultaneously, gently warm the crab sauce in a small saucepan.(IMPORTANT: Do NOT let the sauce boil, as it will separate!)
- To serve, arrange the dhal and kale on the plates, spoon the sauce round and place the fillets of salmon, crispy skin side up, on top.
Nutrition per serving
- Per Serving 634kcal / 3052kj
- Fat 51.3g
- Saturates 8.4g
- Carbs 13.1g
- Sugars 2.8g
- Protein 50.9g
- Salt 1.07g