Cornish Hake Fillet with Red Pepper and Chilli Salsa - Seafoodie Range
The Cornish hake fishery has seen a remarkable recent resurgence and these wickedly sleek fish now feature on the menus of some of the country’s top chefs. Try out Stuart's fabulously simple dish to taste what all the excitement is about.
- Dish Type: Main
- Serves: 2
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine type: South American
Your FFT Fish & Sauce kit will include:
- 2 x 160g Cornish Hake Portions
- 120g pot of Red Pepper & Chilli Salsa Further ingredients required to make this recipe:
- 300g Sweet Potatoes
- 160g Green Beans
- 10g Coriander
- Preheat oven to 200C. Clean and cut your sweet potatoes into wedges. Toss them in a little rapeseed, or olive, oil and season with some salt and freshly ground black pepper. (Tip: you may wish to add a pinch of smoked paprika or a few thyme leaves). Roast in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes, until lightly browned
- Prep the green beans by trimming the stalk ends and then cook in some boiling, salted water. Alternatively you could steam for a few minutes until they are tender.
- Lightly oil and season your hake fillets, place them on a roasting tray and roast them in the oven for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Wash and roughly chop the coriander.
- To serve, arrange the sweet potato wedges, green beans and roasted fish fillets onto the plate, spoon the salsa over and around and finish by scattering over the chopped coriander.
Nutrition per serving
- Per Serving 565(kcal) / 2366(kJ)
- Fat 22.7g
- Saturates 2.2g
- Carbs 45.5g
- Sugars 26.2g
- Protein 40.2g
- Salt 0.94g