Grilled Cornish Mackerel with warm Beetroot & Celeriac Remoulade
A fabulously zingy lunch, or starter, bursting with piquant flavours, put together for us by nutritional health coach, and graduate of Leith's Cookery School, Lizzie King (check out her fabulous website lizzieloveshealthy.com). The combination of superb prime Cornish fish and Lizzie's healthy and creative approach to cooking is an absolute winner.
- Dish Type: Lunch / Starter
- Serves: 2
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 46 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine type: British
- Preheat your oven to 180C. Place the Beetroot and Celeriac in a baking tray, with a tablespoon of water and cover tightly with tinfoil. Bake for 40mins, or until a fork can be inserted into them easily.
- Peel, and leave to cool, before grating both into a medium sized bowl.
- Place the Mackerel fillets onto a lined baking sheet, skin side up. Pop them under a medium grill for approximately 3 mins, or until the skin starts to crisp. Turn the fillets and place back under the grill until cooked through.
- In a small frying pan, on a high heat, fry the capers until dark & crispy (about 3 mins).
- Stir the grated Beetroot and Celeriac together with the wholegrain Mustard and the Mayonnaise.
- Spoon the pink Remoulade onto two plates and top with the Mackerel fillets, garnish with parsley and a squeeze of lemon to taste
We also recommend these mackerel recipes.
Nutrition per serving
Per Portion 482cal/ 2006kj
- Fat 33.9g
- Saturates 6.3g
- Carbs 10.6g
- Sugars 9.6
- Protein 31.1g
- Salt 2.18g