- 160g Cornish Whiting Fillets x 2
- 500g Potatoes
- 150g pouch of Thai Tartare Sauce
- 100g Adam’s Secret Tempura Batter Mix
- 2 x Bok Choi
- 10g Coriander
- Set your oven to pre-heat to around 200C – 220C. Wash, then cut your potatoes into 1cm thick slices and then into 1cm thick sticks. Place them into a roasting tin and drizzle with rapeseed oil, or similar, ensuring each chip is evenly coated. Season well, and bake for about 15 – 20 minutes, turning once or twice until golden brown and crisp
- To make the tempura batter, empty the batter mix to a suitable bowl and add 175ml ice cold soda water. Mix together until “just mixed”, but still a bit lumpy.
- Heat some sunflower oil for deep frying in a suitable pan, to 190C. Dip the whiting fillets into the batter and fry for 4 – 5 minutes, until crisp and golden brown. Remove carefully onto a tray lined with kitchen paper.
- Prep and cook the bok choi in some boiling salted water, or steamer, for 3 to 5 minutes until tender, but not overcooked.
- To serve - carefully place the fish, chips and bok choi onto your plates and accompany with the Thai tartare sauce. Garnish with fresh coriander, and possibly lime wedges if you have some.
Nutrition per serving
- Per Serving 1252kcal / 5205kj
- Fat 81.7g
- Saturates 8.5g
- Carbs 81.3g
- Sugars 6.8g
- Protein 42.5g
- Salt 1.16g