Tandoori Marinated Haddock with Steamed Rice and Fennel, Cucumber & Spring Onion Salad
Plump fillets of haddock, smothered in chef Adam’s legendary tandoori marinade, with a simply superb salad.
- Dish Type: Main
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine type: Anglo-Indian
- 2 x 150g Tandoori Marinated Haddock Portions
- 125g Basmati Rice
- ½ Head of Fennel
- 100g Cucumber
- 2 x Spring Onion
- 40ml Honey, Mustard and Fennel Dressing
- 10g Coriander
- Soak the basmati rice in cold water for about 30 minutes, then drain in a sieve. Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil and place the rice into it, stir to the boil and simmer gently until tender, approx. 10 – 12 minutes.
- Slice the fennel as thinly as possible with your sharpest knife. Alternatively, you can use a mandolin, if you have one. Slice the cucumber and spring onion, also as thinly as possible. Dress your salad lightly with the honey, mustard & fennel dressing.
- Line a large, deep baking tray with foil. Glaze the foil with a touch of vegetable oil. Place the pre-marinated bream fillets, skin side up, in it.
- Grill the bream fillets for approximately 5-7 minutes, under a medium heat, until the skin starts to blister and the fish is cooked. Then remove from the grill and finish with a squeeze of lemon juice and some chopped coriander leaves.
- To serve, arrange the salad onto your plates with the grilled fish alongside it, serve the steamed rice on the side
Nutrition per serving
- Per Serving 646(kcal) / 2705(kJ)
- Fat 27.0g
- Saturates 1.6g
- Carbs 63.0g
- Sugars 4.0g
- Protein 36.0g
- Salt 0.88g