Cornish Plaice with Fennel, Orange & Rosemary Butter, Saute Potatoes and Green Beans
A gorgeously simple dish that does exactly what it says on the tin .... erm ......box
- Dish Type: Main
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine type: French
- 2 x 160g Cornish Plaice Fillet Portions
- 500g Cornish Potatoes
- 160g Green Beans
- 2 x 30g Portions of Fennel, Orange & Rosemary Butter.
- Wash, peel and cut your potatoes into bite-sized chunks. Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook the potatoes gently until tender, drain and allow to steam dry.
- Heat some rapeseed oil (or oil of your choice) in a non-stick frying pan, until lightly smoking. Add the potatoes in a single layer and fry gently, turning every couple of minutes until golden and crispy all over. Remove them with a slotted spatula and allow to drain on some absorbent paper. Keep them warm in the oven.
- Prepare your green beans by removing the stalk ends with a sharp knife or scissors. You can cook these to tender by either boiling in a pan of salted water, or steaming them for a few minutes.
- Score the skin of your Plaice portions. Warm some olive oil (or oil of your choice) in a non-stick frying pan. Place the fish into the pan, skin side down and fry on a medium heat until the fillets are almost cooked through and the skin is crispy. Try not to turn the fillets too early. (Tip:If you want to know how to get the perfect crispy skin, please see our Fish for Thought TV Youtube site, under Fish & Tips). When the fish is almost cooked all the way through, flip over and place the disks of Fennel, Orange, & Rosemary butter on top of the skin, so that they start to melt in the pan.
- To serve, arrange the sautéd potatoes on the plates, as desired, and then divide the beans onto the plates. Place the plaice fillets next to the vegetables and spoon the butter from the pan over and around the fish.
Nutrition per serving
- Per Serving 787kcal / 3286kj
- Fat 38.3g
- Saturates 14.1g
- Carbs 56.7g
- Sugars 5.6g
- Protein 48.9g
- Salt 0.47g