Honey Roast Salmon with Roast Potatoes, Cauliflower & Kale
A phenomenally tasty dish, marrying the velvety richness of the salmon with the silky sweetness of honey and the crunchy bite of the mustard - poetry on a plate!
- Dish Type: Main
- Serves: 2
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 40 mins
- Difficulty: Medium
- Cuisine type: British
- 2 x 160g Marinated Salmon Fillet Portions
- 100ml pouch of Honey, Mustard & Fennel Dressing
- 500g New Potatoes
- 150g Kale
- 120g Cauliflower Florets
- 2 x Cloves of Garlic
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Rinse and dry the unpeeled new potatoes. Cut them in half if necessary, so that they are all even, bite-size pieces. Put 2 – 3 tbsp. of olive oil in a roasting tin and put in the oven for five minutes to heat through. Add the potatoes and toss well. Roast for 30 – 40 minutes until potatoes are crisp and tender.
- About 15 minutes into the potato cooking time, add the cauliflower florets to the potato tray. Carefully toss them to coat them in oil and season with salt and pepper.Place the roasting tray back into the oven. The cauliflower should caramelise and tenderise in the remaining cooking time.
- When the potatoes and cauliflower have about 10 minutes left in the oven, place the marinated salmon fillets on top of them and allow to roast for 8 to 10 minutes, until just cooked.
- In a frying pan with about 30ml. rapeseed oil, gently start to fry the garlic and kale. Stir fry until the kale starts to tenderise. Don’t cook on too high a heat, but if the kale does start to go golden, this is fine as it will taste great. However, be careful not to burn the garlic! Add about 10g butter if you desire. Retain and keep warm.
- To serve, arrange all the roast vegetables and kale onto the plates and carefully serve the roasted salmon on top. Spoon the Honey, Mustard & Fennel dressing over and around the fish and vegetables
Nutrition per serving
- Per Serving 1065(kcal) / 4434(kJ)
- Fat 66.9g
- Saturates 7.5g
- Carbs 59.3g
- Sugars 7.2g
- Protein 51.2g
- Salt 0.96g