Pan Roasted Hake with Asian Slaw and Pickled Sushi Ginger
A feisty, fiery firecracker of a dish, that gleefully lobs mini flavour bombs at unsuspecting consumers.
- Dish Type: Main
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 8 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine type: Asian
- Cornish Hake Fillet Portions 160g x 2
- 60ml pouch of Sesame, Lime & Hoisin Dressing
- Bok Choi x 1
- Carrot x 1
- Shallot x 1
- 20g Pickled Sushi Ginger
- 10g Coriander
- 2g Fiery Sea Pepper Seasoning
- Sesame Oil
- Wheat (Gluten)
- Peel and finely slice the shallot, peel and finely strip the carrot, wash and shred the bok choi and roughly chop the coriander. Using a peeler or sharp knife, finely strip the pickled ginger.
- Mix all the vegetables together in a bowl and add about half the dressing. Allow to stand while you prepare your fish
- Season the skin and flesh of the fish with the fiery sea pepper seasoning
- Cook the fish skin side down for 3 – 5 minutes in a frying pan, over a medium high heat. When you have achieved a golden crispy skin, turn the fish and allow to cook for a further couple of minutes on a low heat to just cook the fish through thoroughly.
- To serve, arrange the slaw neatly in the middle of two plates and place the Pan-Roasted Hake on top spoon any left-over dressing over and around.
Nutrition per serving
- Per Portion 293cal / 1226kj
- Fat 12.5g
- Saturates 1.8g
- Carbs 10.3g
- Sugars 10.7g
- Protein 31.0g
- Salt 1.95g