Cornish Whiting and Ratatouille - Seafoodie Range
Classic north Italian peasant food - tasty, warming, satisfying and packed with goodness & flavour
- Dish Type: Main
- Serves: 2
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 40 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine type: Italian
Your FFT Fish & Sauce kit will include
- 160g Cornish Whiting Portions x 2
- 500g Pouch of Ratatouille
Further ingredients required to make this recipe
- 100ml Milk
- 100g Polenta
- 60ml Basil Puree
- 40g Grated Parmesan
- 2g Thyme
- Pour the milk into a heavy saucepan, along with 600ml water, ½ tsp sea salt and the thyme leaves. Bring it slowly to the boil.
- Pour in the polenta, in a steady stream, whisking all the time so it thickens evenly as you go. Keep whisking for 2 to 3 minutes over a high heat, then turn the heat down as low as possible and cook it out for 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so to stop it sticking or catching. If the polenta gets too thick, you may wish to add a little more milk, water or double cream, to keep it soft and smooth and light. When the polenta is ready, add the grated parmesan
- Gently warm the ratatouille through, in a suitably thick bottomed saucepan.
- Season the whiting fillets with a little salt and some freshly ground pepper. Fold the fillets in half, place onto a grill tray and brush with a little olive oil. Grill for about 6 – 8 minutes, until the fish has a nice light golden colour on top and is cooked thoroughly.
- To serve, divide the soft polenta between two bowl plates, then divide the ratatouille over the top, place the grilled whiting on the very top attractively, then dress around with the basil puree.
Nutrition per serving
- Per Serving 793kcal / 3302kj
- Fat 41.0g
- Saturates 6.6g
- Carbs 66.0g
- Sugars 7.1g
- Protein 33.0g
- Salt 2.9g