Cornish Plaice Fillets and Tarragon Sauce - Seafoodie Range
Delicately flavoured Cornish fillets luxuriating in a toothsome sauce
- Dish Type: Main
- Serves: 2
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 25 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine type: British
Your Fish & Sauce Kit will include:
2 Fresh Cornish Plaice, filleted & skinned
150g Tarragon Sauce
Further ingredients required to make this recipe:
- 500g New Potatoes
- 160g Locally Sourced Broccoli Florets
- 15g Butter (or a tbsp of Olive Oil)
- Wash and cut the New Potatoes into bite sized pieces and cook gently in a pan of boiling salted water until tender. Drain and, while still warm, add 15g butter or a tbsp. of olive oil. Stir in well with some additional salt and pepper as required until the potatoes start to crush together.
- Cook the Broccoli until tender, either by boiling in a pan of salted water, or by steaming until tender.
- Fold your fillets of Plaice and pop them into a steamer, or poach gently in either water or fish stock, perhaps with some white wine, for about 3 – 5 minutes.
- To heat the Tarragon Sauce, place into a small saucepan and gently bring to the boil.
- To serve – arrange your crushed potatoes onto the plates placing the broccoli and plaice fillets nicely alongside. Spoon the sauce over and around the fish.
Nutrition per serving
- Per Serving 581cal / 2427kj
- Fat 28.0g
- Saturates 15.9g
- Carbs 42.9g
- Sugars 5.8g
- Protein 35.3g
- Salt 1.04g