Cornish Cod, Chips, Green Beans, & Pesto
A new slant on fish & Chips that might not seem out of place in a Sardinian trattoria.......
- Dish Type: Main
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 30 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine type: British
- 2 x 160g Cornish cod Portions
- 500g Cornish Potatoes
- 160g Green Beans
- 120g Homemade Pesto
- Set your oven onto a high heat around 200C – 220C. Wash, then cut your potatoes into 1cm thick slices and then into 1cm thick sticks. Place them into a roasting tin and drizzle with oil of your choice (we recommend rapeseed oil), ensuring each chip is evenly coated. Season well. Bake for about 15 – 20 minutes, turning once or twice until golden brown and crisp
- Prepare your beans by removing the stalk ends with a sharp knife or scissors. You can cook these to tender by either boiling in a pan of salted water, or steaming for a few minutes.
- With the grill set for a medium high heat, lightly oil and season your cod fillets with salt and pepper. Place under the grill for about 8 minutes. if you are worried the top is cooking too fast then remove and place into your oven for the final few minutes.
- To serve, remove your chips from the oven and present as desired, with the grilled cod next to them. Divide the beans onto the plates. Serve with the pesto dressed over the chips and around the dish.
Nutrition per serving
- Per Serving 700(kcal) / 2926(kJ)
- Fat 35.1g
- Saturates 5.9g
- Carbs 40.5g
- Sugars 4.6g
- Protein 51.4g
- Salt 0.66g