Grilled Cornish Cod, Chips, Homemade Mushy Peas & Tartare Sauce
A swiftly prepared, simple, traditional favourite, with a healthy twist
- Dish Type: Main
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 40 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine type: British
- 2 x 160g Fresh Cornish Cod Portions
- 500g Cornish Potatoes
- 160g Traditional Homemade Mushy Peas
- 120g Decidedly Zingy Homemade Tartare Sauce
- Preheat your oven to 200°C – 220°C. Wash your Potatoes thoroughly. Cut them into 1cm thick slices and then into 1cm thick sticks. Place them into a roasting tin and drizzle with the oil of your choice (we recommend rapeseed oil) ensuring each chip is evenly coated. Season well. Bake for about 30 - 35 minutes, turning once or twice, until golden brown and crisp.
- Place Mushy Peas in a thick-bottomed saucepan and heat through gently. Alternatively, microwave for approximately 2 minutes, stirring half-way through to ensure it is warming evenly.
- Preheat your grill to a medium/high heat. Lightly oil and season your Cod Fillets with salt and pepper. Place them under the grill for about 8 minutes. If the top appears to be cooking too quickly, then remove, and place into the oven for the final few minutes.
- To serve - Remove your chips from the oven and present as desired, with the grilled cod next to them. Divide the mushy peas onto the plates. Serve with the Tartare Sauce in a small side dish.
Nutrition per serving
- Per 100g 144cal / 604kj
- Fat 5.7g
- Saturates 0.5g
- Carbs 13.9g
- Sugars 1.2g
- Protein 7.7g
- Salt 0.33g