Cornish Plaice Fillet and Chermoula Marinade
A hot and spicy marinade from the Middle East turning our dependable Cornish plaice into a freestyling maverick of a fish... with a sensibly healthy (but tasty) salad.
- Dish Type: Main
- Serves: 2
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Difficulty: Medium
- Cuisine type: Levantine
Your FFT Fish & Sauce kit will include:
- Cornish Plaice, Filleted & Skinned x 2
- 80g pouch of Chermoula Marinade
Further ingredients required to make this recipe:
- 400ml Fish Stock
- 1 x Lge Potato
- 100g Puy Lentils
- 1 x Lge Carrot
- 1 x Lemon
- 1 x Shallot
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 20g Flat Leaf Parsley
- 20g Fresh Coriander
- 20g Fresh Mint
- 10g Chives
- Marinate the Plaice fillets in the Chermoula marinade at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Wash and finely chop your shallots and carrots along with dicing your potato into 1cm cubes.
- Heat oil and sweat shallots for 1 min, add the potato and cook for 5 minutes, then add the carrot and cook for a further 3 minutes
- Add lentils, cover with fish stock, bring to the boil and simmer.
- Place the plaice on a baking tray and cook for 10 and a half minutes
- Roughly chop the herbs and juice the lemon. Drain lentils when tender, season and stir in the herbs and lemon, then serve
TIP! Mix together 200g of natural yoghurt, the lemon and zest of 1/4 of a lemon and a pinch of salt. Add it to the chermoula which will add a cooling effect to the dish if you do not like it too hot.
Nutrition per serving
- Per Portion 726kcal / 3029kj
- Fat 37.7g
- Saturates 5.5g
- Carbs 42.4g
- Sugars 7.9g
- Protein 46.1g
- Salt 1.41g