Pollack Fillets and Salsa Verde
A fresh and lively recipe put together for us by nutritional health coach, and graduate of Leith's Cookery School, Lizzie King (check out her fabulous website lizzieloveshealthy.com). The combination of superb prime Cornish fish and Lizzie's healthy and creative approach to cooking is an absolute winner.
- Dish Type: Main
- Serves: 2
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine type: Portuguese
Your FFT Fish & Sauce kit will include:
- 160g Pollack Fillet Portions x 2
- 120g pouch of Salsa Verde
Further ingredients required to make this recipe:
- 200g Fennel
- 120g Basmati Rice
- 1 x Lemon
- 60g Mixed Salad
- 20g Flat-Leaf Parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 180C. Thinly slice the Fennel, and cut two slices of the Lemon from the mid-section of the fruit.
- Place the pollack fillets on top of the sliced fennel, on a baking paper lined tray and top with a slice of lemon, a sprig of parsley, salt & pepper and a dash of olive oil. Wrap up into parcels firmly.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until cooked through. The cooking time will vary slightly depending on thickness of the fillet, so do check.
- Rinse your Basmati Rice well, then place into a pan of boiling salted water for 8 – 10 minutes, drain and allow to steam while plating up the other ingredients.
- To serve, arrange the Fennel on the plate and lay the Pollack on top. Dress with the Salsa Verde. Accompany this with the rice and a small Green Salad.
Nutrition per serving
- Per Portion 618cal / 2588kj
- Fat 29.5g
- Saturates 4.2g
- Carbs 50.1g
- Sugars 3.7g
- Protein 34.9g
- Salt 1.73g