Fiery Sea Pepper Hake & Quinoa Salad
A gorgeous, colourful dish with bursts of complimentary flavours and contrasting textures and just the right amount of heat.
- Dish Type: Main
- Serves: 2
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine type: Central American
- Season the surface of the hake with the sea pepper seasoning and leave in the fridge to rest for an hour.
- Rinse the quinoa under cold running water to remove its bitter flavour. Tip into a pan, add 100ml of salted water, place over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- While it is simmering, grill the yellow pepper until it has black skin, then place it into a bowl or container and cover with a lid for a few minutes to allow it to cool. Once cool, remove all the skin and seeds, and dice into bite size pieces. Finely grate the lemon zest and then juice the lemon. Finely slice the spring onion. Cut the cucumber and tomatoes into small pieces. Quarter the olives.
- Heat the oven to 220C, put the Hake onto a piece of parchment on a baking tray, brush with some oil and bake for approximately 10 mins, or until just cooked through. 5 . Place all the salad ingredients, lemon, zest and juice into a bowl with the quinoa, add the dressing and toss together well.
- To serve – arrange the salad onto the plates and serve the fish on top, using any spare dressing to dress over and around
Nutrition per serving
- Per Portion 429cal / 1796kj
- Fat 19.2g
- Saturates 2.7g
- Carbs 26.2g
- Sugars 13.5g
- Protein 19.2g
- Salt 1.08g