Cornish Plaice Fillet with Pea Puree and Tartare Sauce - Seafoodie Range
a quintessential “fish for thought” offering - fabulous, locally caught fish complimented by a snappy pea puree and Chef Stuart's legendary tartare sauce - simple, yet superb.
- Dish Type: Main
- Serves: 2
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Difficulty: Medium
- Cuisine type: British
Your FFT Fish & Sauce kit will include:
- 150g portions of Cornish Plaice Fillet *-200g Pouch of Pea Puree
- 100g Pouch of Tartare Sauce Further ingredients required to make this recipe:
- 400g Potatoes
- 100g Panko Breadcrumbs
- Egg x 1
- 40g Unsalted Butter
- 40ml Milk
- 20g Flat Leaf Parsley
- Peel and chop your potatoes into a saucepan, cover with water and add a little salt. Cover and cook until the potatoes are soft. Drain in a colander and mash until smooth.
- In a separate pan, heat the milk and butter together. Once the butter has melted, add the parsley, transfer this to a blender and blitz until smooth. Add this to the mash and mix through. Cover and keep warm until needed.
- Place a frying pan over a medium heat and add a little sunflower, or rapeseed oil. While warming, add a knob of butter. Fry the plaice fillets until lightly golden on both sides, seasoning them to taste.
- Warm your pea puree in a small saucepan or alternatively in the microwave.
- To serve, present the mash, pea puree and tartare sauce around the plate and present the golden plaice fillets alongside.
Nutrition per serving
- Per 100g 137cal / 571kj
- Fat 7.3g
- Saturates 2.7g
- Carbs 10.4g
- Sugars 2.2g
- Protein 6.5g
- Salt 0.3g