Cornish Pollack and Saffron Mussel Sauce - Seafoodie Range
Two plump Cornish Pollack fillet portions, a pouch of Saffron sauce and a handful of Cornish Mussels. Our recipe suggestion 'Cornish Pollack, Spinach, Parmentier Potatoes and Saffron Mussel Sauce'. The exquisite tastes within this dish, the contrasting textures and rich colours play a part in creating a truly superior feast for the senses.
- Dish Type: Main
- Serves: 2
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Difficulty: Medium
- Cuisine type: British
Your FFT Fish & Sauce kit will include: *
- 2 x 160g Cornish Pollock Portions
- 150ml pouch of Saffron Cream Sauce
- 150g Cornish Mussels
Further ingredients required to make this recipe: *
- 500g Potatoes
- 200g Spinach
- 10g Flat-Leaf Parsley
- Wash, peel and rewash the potatoes. Cut into 1cm slices, and then into 1cm dice. Dry well in a clean cloth. Cook in hot shallow oil in a frying pan until golden brown and cooked through. Drain, season lightly and retain in a warm oven.
- Set your grill on a medium high heat. Lightly oil and season your pollock fillets with salt and pepper, then place them under the grill for about 8 minutes. If you are worried the top is cooking too fast, then remove them and place them into your oven for the final few minutes.
- Wash and drain your spinach leaves. In a thick bottomed saucepan or frying pan, place either 15g butter or a tbsp. of olive oil. Gently warm it though and add your spinach leaves.Using a spoon to stir, wilt the leaves down, adding salt and freshly ground pepper, as desired. When removing from the pan either place into a colander to allow any excess water to run off or onto a clean tea towel to absorb.
- To heat the Saffron cream sauce, place into a small saucepan and gently bring to the boil add the mussels, cover the pan and boil until the mussels have opened. (Important: Discard any that do not open).
- To serve, divide the spinach onto the plates arranging the pollock fillet on top of the spinach. Spoon the sauce and mussels over and around the fish. Finally, add the potatoes garnished with chopped parsley.
Nutrition per serving
- Per Serving 563(kcal) / 2359(kJ)
- Fat 22g
- Saturates 11.6g
- Carbs ** 49.8g**
- Sugars 2.8g
- Protein 39.3g
- Salt ** 0.86g**