Cod Cakes with Home-made Tomato Sauce - Seafoodie Range
An homage to the wonderful Yotam Ottolenghi's Mediterranean/Levantine, "Drama in the mouth" style of cooking.
- Dish Type: Main
- Serves: 2
- Preparation time: 12 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Difficulty: Medium
- Cuisine type: Mediterranean / Levantine
Your FFT Fish & Sauce kit will include:
- 50g Cod Cakes x 6
- 250g pouch of Homemade Tomato Sauce Further ingredients required to make this recipe:
- 200g Couscous
- 40g Fresh Mint
- To cook your couscous to perfection, pour it into a heatproof bowl and crumble a stock-cube over it. Bring a kettle of water to the boil and pour it over the couscous, letting the water cover it by roughly 1cm. Pour in a glug of good quality olive oil and squeeze half a cut lemon over. Stir to mix the flavours through, cover the bowl tightly with clingfilm and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Pour the pouch of sauce into a small saucepan and warm through gently. Add a good splash of water if a little on the thick side.
- Put a couple of tablespoons of olive oil into a frying pan, over a medium high/heat and then fry the cod cakes for about 2–3 minutes on each side, to brown them.
- Arrange the cakes in the sauce, cover, lower the heat and gently simmer for about 5 – 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to sit for a few minutes.
- Pick and chop the mint finely and add it to the couscous.
- To serve, arrange the cakes and sauce onto two plates with a bowl of minted couscous on the side
Nutrition per serving
- Per Portion 615cal / 2600kj
- Fat 11.2g
- Saturates 1.8g
- Carbs 83.6g
- Sugars 8.7g
- Protein 37.8g
- Salt 1.4g