Cornish Mussels with Sweet & Sour Sauce - Seafoodie Range
Succulent Cornish mussels wallowing in a punchy sweet & sour sauce
- Dish Type: Main
- Serves: 2
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine type: Oriental
Your FFT Fish & Sauce kit will include:
- 800g Cornish Mussels
- 300ml pouch of Sweet & Sour Sauce
Further ingredients required to make this recipe:
- Bok Choi (60g) x 4
- 120g Basmati Rice
- 20g Coriander
- Soak rice in cold water for about 30 minutes then drain in a sieve. Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil and place the rice into it, stir to the boil and simmer gently until tender, approx. 10 – 12 minutes.
- Wash your mussels thoroughly and de-beard them, discarding any cracked ones or ones that stubbornly stay open when tapped.
- Wash and slice the bok choi to the desired thickness.
- Warm a pan that will comfortably fit both the mussels and the bok choi in, and that has a well-fitting lid. Add the mussels and bok choi, put the lid on, cooking on a high heat, stirring and shaking the pan occasionally.
- As the mussels start to open, add the pouch of sweet & sour sauce, stir again and re-cover. Bring the sauce up to the boil and cook until all the mussels have opened. Simply discard any closed ones.
- Serve into bowls immediately with roughly chopped coriander over the top with the rice on the side, however you may wish to stir some of the rice into the sauce once you’ve cleared a few mussels!
Nutrition per serving
- Per Serving 508kcal / 2133kj
- Fat 8.5g
- Saturates 1.5g
- Carbs 84.1g
- Sugars 47.8g
- Protein 19.5g
- Salt 1.45g