Smoked Haddock Fillet with Pancetta and Sage Sauce
A brand new recipe suggestion devised by Chef Stuart- 'Smoked Haddock, Pancetta, Savoy Cabbage & Sage', a glorious intermingling of flavours that just "works" and a wonderful addition to the FFT recipe stable.
- Dish Type: Main
- Serves: 2
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 75 mins
- Difficulty: Medium
- Cuisine type: French/Italian
Your FFT Fish & Sauce kit will include:
- 140g Smoked Haddock Fillet portions x 2
- 120g Pouch of Pancetta and Sage Sauce
- 60g Pouch of Mushroom Ketchup
Further ingredients required to make this recipe:
- 400ml Fish Stock
- 120g Potatoes x 2
- 200g Savoy Cabbage
- 100g Pancetta
- Chestnut Mushrooms x 4
- 75g Butter
- Lemon x 1
- Silverskin Onions x 6
- Sage Leaves x 10
- Preheat oven to 180C. While it is reaching temperature, peel the 2 Potatoes and shape into rectangles. Melt 25g of the Butter in a frying pan, add the potatoes and fry until golden, turning occasionally.
- Turn the potatoes into a small roasting tin, add 400ml of Fish Stock. Place into the pre-heated oven for approximately 1hr 15min.
- Remove the fat from the Pancetta and render it in a warm pan, add the onions and fry gently. Slice the Chestnut Mushrooms and add them, along with the diced Pancetta.
- Heat a little sunflower or rapeseed oil in a pan. Add the Smoked Haddock Fillet portions , skin side down, and fry till almost cooked through. Add the remaining Butter and the juice of the Lemon. Turn the fish and baste with the Butter. When the fish is cooked through, remove and leave to rest.
- Thinly slice the Savoy Cabbage. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and place the cabbage in it to cook. Meanwhile heat through both the Pancetta & Sage Sauce, and the Mushroom Ketchup.
- Heat a little oil to 180C. Fry the Sage leaves, singly, for approx. 10 seconds. Remove and drain on kitchen roll.
- Assemble your dish by mixing your drained cabbage with the Onion /Mushroom / Pancetta combo. Use this as a base layer for your two plates. Apply some artistic swirls of Mushroom Ketchup. Place your potato in the centre of the plates and top with your Smoked Haddock fillets. Drizzle with the Pancetta and Sage sauce and garnish with your fried Sage Leaves.
Nutrition per serving
- Per Portion 1284cal / 5329kj
- Fat 98.5g
- Saturates 54.4g
- Carbs 36.8g
- Sugars 10.8g
- Protein 51.6g
- Salt 2.3g