Gurnard with Pea and Pancetta Puree
A fish that is now emerging as a tasty and sustainable alternative to more traditional choices. Accompanied with a delicious Chef made Pea and Pancetta puree
- Dish Type: Main
- Serves: 2
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine type: British
1 x Gurnard, Filleted
1 x 200g Pea and Pancetta Puree (Peas, BUTTER, Pancetta, Salt, Pepper)
- Defrost the Gurnard fillets, drain and dry them on some kitchen paper or similar.
- Oil & season the fish and pre-heat a dry non-stick pan over a medium heat.
- Place the Gurnard, skin side down and let them sizzle and caramelise for approximately 3 minutes before turning.
- Flip them over and add 15g of butter to the pan. Baste the Gurnard with the butter which should bubble and foam as it melts.
- After approximately 45 seconds, remove the pan from heat but continue basting the Gurnard.
- After a further 30 seconds, remove the Gurnard from the pan.
- Place the Pea and Pancetta Puree in a bowl and heat in a microwave oven for 2 mins until hot.
- Finish by placing the Gurnard atop of the Pea and Pancetta Puree.
Serving suggestion: Serve with roasted Cornish new potatoes, roasted wedges of onion and carrot with garlic and thyme.
Nutrition per serving