Cornish Whiting with Lime & Chilli Butter - Seafoodie Range
The sweetness of the coconut meshes with the warmth of the chilli and the sharpness of the lime, to form an oriental backdrop of flavours for this criminally under-appreciated fish.
- Dish Type: Main
- Serves: 2
- Preparation time: 30 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine type: Oriental
Your FFT Fish & Sauce kit will include:
- 160g Whiting Fillet Portions (Skinless) x 2
- 30g Lime & Chilli Butter Portion x 2
- 50g pouch of Sesame, Lime and Hoisin Dressing
Further ingredients required to make this recipe:
- 140g Thai Fragrant Rice
- 70g Wild Rocket
- 50ml Coconut Milk
- Sesame Oil
- Wheat (Gluten)
- Soak the rice in cold water for about 30 minutes then drain in a sieve. Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil and place the rice and coconut milk into it, stir to the boil and simmer gently until tender, approx. 10 minutes.
- Season the Whiting fillets with a little salt and freshly ground pepper, fold the fillets in half lengthways, place onto a grill tray and brush with a little olive oil. Grill for about 6 – 8 minutes until the fish has a nice light golden colour on top and is cooked through.
- Place a disc of Chilli & Lime butter on top of each fillet and allow to gently glaze under the grill
- Wash the rocket leaves and dress lightly with the sesame dressing.
- To serve, drain the rice and allow to steam for a minute then distribute between two plates. Place the grilled whiting on top, spooning any melted butter over and around. Arrange the rocket salad neatly next to it.
Nutrition per serving
- Per Serving 668kcal / 2792kj
- Fat 37.8g
- Saturates 20.6g
- Carbs 44.1g
- Sugars 4.2g
- Protein 35.6g
- Salt 2.06g