Grilled Cornish Hake, Green Sauce, Spiced Lentils and Green Salad
The humble lentil is so much more than a student staple. here they appear skilfully spiced, to form a fitting bed for splendid chunks of flaky Cornish hake and crisp salad ~ Perfect!
- Dish Type: Main
- Serves: 2
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine type: British
- 2 x 160g Cornish Hake Portions
- 200g Spiced Lentils
- 40g Pot of Green Sauce
- 100g Mixed Salad Leaves
- With the grill set for a medium high heat, lightly oil and season your Hake fillets with salt and pepper. Then place under the grill for about 8 minutes, if you are worried the top is cooking too fast then remove and place into your oven for the final few minutes.
- Gently warm the spiced lentils in a saucepan, add a tbsp. water, if required.
- Wash your salad leaves and then place in a bowl with a scant teaspoon of your green sauce and dress and season your leaves.
- To serve, place the warmed lentils onto the plate with the grilled hake on top, place your dressed leaves next to that, then use the remainder of your green sauce to dress over and around.
Nutrition per serving
- Per Serving 468(kcal) / 1956(kJ)
- Fat 27.1g
- Saturates 3.5g
- Carbs 12.6g
- Sugars 3.8g
- Protein 41.8g
- Salt 1.11g