Cornish Whiting Baked in Spicy Tomato Sauce
Whiting may not be a fish you instantly associate with the word “chutzpah”, but this little fellow’s got bags of it, with a wickedly spicy sauce and a basil puree that’s itching to wake up your tastebuds.
- Dish Type: Main
- Serves: 2
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine type: Mediterranean
- 160g Cornish Whiting Fillets (Skinless) x 2
- 500g New Potatoes
- 250g pouch of Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 60g Mixed Salad Leaves
- 30ml pouch of Basil Puree
- Cut the new potatoes into bite sized pieces and cook gently in a pan of boiling salted water, until just tender. Drain, and while still warm add 15g butter or a tbsp. of olive oil, adjust seasoning to your taste.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Pour the Spicy Tomato sauce into a small roasting tray or oven-proof dish. Season the whiting fillets with salt and pepper, and place them on top of the sauce.
- Cook in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes, or until the fish is thoroughly cooked through.
- Wash and drain your salad leaves, and place them into a suitable bowl, season and lightly dress with a small amount of the basil puree.
- To serve, remove the fish from the oven and arrange onto the plates, spooning the sauce over. Add the salad leaves and new potatoes, and then drizzle the remaining basil puree over the fish
Nutrition per serving
- Per Serving 494kcal / 2074kj
- Fat 13.4g
- Saturates 1.4g
- Carbs 44.0g
- Sugars 11.5g
- Protein 40.1g
- Salt 1.16g