Cornish Sardines with Chunky Homemade Tomato Sauce - Seafoodie Range
A healthy burst of Mediterranean flavour - nursery food for grown ups!
- Dish Type: Main
- Serves: 2
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine type: Mediterranean
Your FFT Fish & Sauce kit will include:
- 6 x Cornish Ardines Butterfly Filleted
- 200g Pouch of Chunky Homemade Tomato Sauce
Further ingredients required to make this recipe:
- 120g of Focaccia
- 100g of Wild Rocket Leaves
- 30g of Capers
- Slice you focaccia into four thick pieces and brush each one with a little bit of olive oil. Carefully grill the bread until light golden brown and toasted.
- Lightly brush you sardines in some rapeseed or olive oil and season with some sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Place under preheated grill at its hottest temperature and grill the fish for 3 minutes on each side until the skin begins to crisp.
- Warm your chunky tomato sauce by placing into a small saucepan and bring slowly to the boil.
- To serve, arrange the toasted focaccia slices onto the plate with the sardines on top, spoon the tomato sauce over the sardines and then garnish with capers and rocket leave sprinkled over and around.
Nutrition per serving
- Per Serving 591cal / 2481kj
- Fat 20.8g
- Saturates 5.3g
- Carbs 36.1g
- Sugars 8.5g
- Protein 57.9g
- Salt 1.82g