Cornish mackerel with gnocchi, sun-blushed tomatoes, mushrooms & pesto
Cornwall boasts some of the finest mackerel landed anywhere in the world, and this simple mediterranean-style dish shows perfectly just why it is so highly prized by chefs everywhere.
- Dish Type: Main
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine type: Italian
- 6 x Fillets of Cornish Mackerel
- 300g of Gnocchi
- 60g of Sun-Blushed Tomatoes
- 100g Chestnut Mushrooms
- 30g of Rocket
- 1 x 60g pot of Homemade Pesto
- Pan fry your mackerel fillets in some olive oil, or oil of your choice, skin side down in a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat. Fry until crisp,golden and almost cooked through. Gently remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Cut the mushrooms into bite-sized wedges and, without cleaning out the pan, gently fry the mushrooms and gnocchi in the same oil. Fry until the gnocchi are puffed up, tender and starting to go golden. Add the sun blushed tomatoes and warm through.
- Add most of the pesto and toss everything together, then divide between two plates, placing three fillets of mackerel on top of each plate. Dress the rocket in any remaining pesto and garnish over the top
Nutrition per serving
- Per Serving 961(kcal) / 4006(kJ)
- Fat 67.1g
- Saturates 11.2g
- Carbs 51.2g
- Sugars 6.1g
- Protein 40.5g
- Salt 1.92g