Cornish Hake Fillet and Peperonata - Seafoodie Range
Two chunky fillet portions of Cornish Hake and a 260g pouch of a classic Mediterranean sauce popularised by Elizabeth David some 60 years ago. Peperonata. is a colourful, versatile dish that can serve as antipasti, or relish- or as a gorgeous sauce to go with hake in this recipe 'Cornish Hake Steaks with Peperonata and Paprika Roast Potatoes'.
- Dish Type: Main
- Serves: 2
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 50 mins
- Difficulty: Medium
- Cuisine type: Spanish
Your FFT Fish & Sauce kit will include:
- 2 x 160g Cornish Hake fillet portions
- 260g Pouch of Peperonata
Further ingredients required to make this recipe:
- 500g Potatoes
- 2 x Cloves of Garlic
- 1g Paprika Seasoning
- Peel the potatoes and cut into evenly sized pieces. Place them in a pan and cover with salted water. Bring to the boil and gently boil until potatoes are completely cooked. Drain into a colander and allow to steam dry.
- Place a roasting tray into a preheated oven at 200C with some olive oil. When hot, add the potatoes and place back into the oven for about 10 minutes. Take them out and turn them, seasoning them with the paprika. Put them back for a further 10 minutes. Toss well ,and place them back into the oven till golden and crisp.
- Gently warm the peperonata through in a small saucepan.
- In a heavy frying pan, pour just enough olive oil to fry the Hake portions and place on the stove to heat. Season the steaks with a little salt and pepper. Lay the fish in the pan and fry for 3 – 4 minutes until the fish is golden and crisp on one side. Carefully turn the fillets and continue to fry for a further 3 – 4 minutes.
- While the first side is cooking, peel and finely slice the garlic cloves. Pop them into the oil whilst frying the second side, until golden and crisp (be careful not to burn them!) Remove the garlic, with a slotted spoon, onto some absorbent kitchen paper until serving.
- To serve; divide the peperonata between two plates and place the hake fillets on top. Garnish with the crispy fried garlic. Serve the roasted potatoes on the side.
Nutrition per serving
- Per Serving 729cal / 3038kj
- Fat 37.0g
- Saturates 5.2g
- Carbs 60g
- Sugars 7.8g
- Protein 35.0g
- Salt 0.92g