Hake Burgers with Tomato and Chilli Salsa - Seafoodie Range
Two chunky burgers, laced with oriental flavours, with crisp lettuce and tangy homemade salsa, packed into a ciabatta bun from your local artisan bakery
- Dish Type: Main
- Serves: 2
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine type: US Diner
Your FFT Fish & Sauce kit will include:
- 2 x 140g Cornish Hake Burgers
- 120g Pouch of Tomato & Chilli Salsa
Further ingredients required to make this recipe:
- 2 x Ciabatta Rolls
- 500g Potatoes
- 1 x Tomato
- 1 x Gem Lettuce
- Wheat (Gluten)
- Set your oven to around 200C – 220C. Wash, then cut your potatoes into 1cm thick slices. Then into 1cm thick sticks. Place them into a roasting tin and drizzle with olive or rapeseed oil, ensuring each chip is evenly coated. Season well, and bake for about 15 – 20 minutes, turning once or twice, until golden brown and crisp
- Heat some oil in a large frying pan. Add the Cornish Hake burgers and cook over a medium heat for 4 minutes on each side, until crisp and golden.
- Wash and dry the gem lettuce, and separate the leaves. Slice the tomato.
- Slice the Ciabatta buns in half and lightly toast them.
- To serve, assemble your burger by arranging the lettuce, tomato and burger between the bun halves, add tomato & Chilli salsa to taste and serve the chips on the side.
Chef Stuart’s tip: This dish would work well with a small dish of guacamole on the side. To make this, take one ripe avocado and remove the flesh from outer skin and remove the stone. mash with the back of a fork, or small blender with the zest and juice of a lime, a finely chopped clove of garlic, 1 tsp of chilli sauce, salt and pepper to season.
Nutrition per serving
- Per Portion 926cal / 3889kj
- Fat 23.0g
- Saturates 2.7g
- Carbs 126g
- Sugars 14.0g
- Protein 46.0g
- Salt 2.1g