Baked Cornish Hake with Lemon & Herb Dressing
A slow-baked winter warmer, that summons up echoes of a Mediterranean summer
- Dish Type: Main
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 35 mins
- Difficulty: Easy / Medium
- Cuisine type: British
- 2 x 160g Hake Fillet Portions
- 500g Potatoes
- 400g punet of Cherry Tomatoes
- 200ml pouch of Fish Stock
- 160g Broccoli
- 120g pouch of Lemon and Herb dressing
- 1 x Red Onion
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Whilst it is warming, peel and thinly slice the potatoes and onion, mix together, with some salt and pepper for seasoning, drizzle with a tablespoon of oil and toss to coat. Spread over the base of a roasting tin. Add the pouch of fish stock and place in the oven.
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes. Whilst this is cooking, cut your cherry tomatoes in half. After the initial cook, add the tomatoes to the tray and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat of the oven to 180C. Season the Hake Fllets and add them to the roasting tin. (Tip: you can place a thin slice of lemon on each fillet for a little extra zing) Return to the oven and cook for 10 – 12 minutes, until fish is cooked through.
- Cook the broccoli until tender, either by boiling in a pan of salted water, or by steaming for a few minutes.
- To serve, remove the roasting tin from the oven. Divide the fish and vegetables equally between two plates. Top with the lemon and herb dressing. Serve the steamed broccoli on the side.
Nutrition per serving
- Per Serving 470kcal / 1978kj
- Fat 13.7g
- Saturates 1.3g
- Carbs 38.8g
- Sugars 10.5g
- Protein 43.8g
- Salt 0.75g