x Rashers Smoked Streaky Bacon
A glug of Olive Oil
Black Pepper and Salt
1. Start by adding the lemon zest to the olive oil along with a few twists of black pepper and a pinch of salt.
2. Remove the rind from the streaky bacon and wrap around each scallop.
3. Carefully skewer the scallops with a bamboo/wooden skewer. (theses need to be soaked in water first as this helps prevent them from burning)
4. Using a brush liberally coat the scallops with your lemon oil, cover with cling film and leave to marinated for at least 2 hours or even better overnight.
5. To cook place them on a hot bbq for 3-4 minutes on each side. The scallops should be just cooked and very slightly translucent in the centre, so be careful not to overcook them.
6. Serve these with mixed salad leaves, a wedge of lemon and a chilled glass of white wine. An oaked Chardonnay would go very well with the smokiness of the bacon and sit nicely with the zesty of lemon.